Friday, August 8, 2008

Jump and wave!

This weekend is the Cariwest festival! It's an annual weekend of food, dancing and all round festival fun...aka an excuse to dress scantily and act wild. This is my 8th year in the parade, playing with the Trincan Steel Orchestra. The parade starts at 12:30 pm and goes for hours and hours in the BLAZING sun! Not always the best when you're standing behind reflective steel pans in 31 degree heat! Lord help me. I love it though, next to poetry...it is music...music. I've felt such an emotional connection to a melody, that I'm almost brought to tears..perhaps I should've kept that to myself.

So if you're in the downtown Edmonton area this weekend, come to Cariwest, and bring your dancing shoes! Also a friend of mine is involved in putting on the Afrikadey Festival this year, so if you're in Calgary, go check that out!

I'm still writing and trying to get the poetry thing going...no I have not forgotten that the deadline is creeping up.

Go out and enjoy the sun this weekend!
Love, love, love!

No comments: